Enhance Your Smile Through Teeth Whitening Before Valentine’s Day
To win the heart of your date, you will try to groom nicely. Apart from lovely attire, a beautiful smile will increase the chances of your dating liking you. Therefore, if you have any smile imperfections, the duration between now and the D-day is that you have an opportunity to correct them.
One of the smile imperfections you can seek treatments for is stained and discolored teeth. However, do you know what is the right treatment procedure to achieve a bright and sparkly smile? At the dental clinic in Boca, your dentist will examine your teeth to determine the right treatments for you. If you are seeking to achieve whiter teeth, you can consider teeth whitening.
What Does Teeth Whitening Entail?
Depending on how severely your teeth are discolored or stained, your dentist might recommend in-office or home-based teeth whitening. If your teeth have mild stains, the dentist will recommend home-based treatments. For severe and profound stains, Dr. Mervat M. Alattar will recommend in-office teeth whitening.
Home-Based Teeth Whitening
When you seek teeth whitening in Boca Raton with mild staining and discoloration, our dentist might recommend home treatments such as:
- Whitening trays. Teeth whitening trays resemble clear orthodontic aligners. The dental trays contain gels that have low concentrations of peroxide. Your dentist might recommend you wear the whitening trays eight hours a day. However, the treatments will take longer to show the desired results.
- Teeth whitening gels. Whitening gels contain low concentrations of peroxides and are meant to be applied on the teeth. You can use the gels daily for up to months, depending on how severe your teeth are stained.
- Toothpaste. All types of toothpaste contain whitening agents, making them mild abrasives. However, particular toothpaste types have bleaching and polishing agents that the dentist can prescribe such toothpaste types.
- Whitening strips. Some strips contain a low concentration of bleaching agents. Your dentist will recommend you plaster the strips on the teeth for a few hours daily to whiten your teeth. Just like all the other at-home whitening options, strips take more time to achieve a bright and sparkly smile.
If you are looking for a fast and efficient way of whitening your teeth, you can consider in-office treatments. For people with moderate to severe staining, you can consider in-office treatments.
At the dentist’s office, you can choose between bleaching and zoom teeth whitening. Bleaching works best to remove superficial stains. During the procedure, the dentist will apply peroxide-based bleaches on the teeth and leave them to take action. The procedure takes 30 to 60 minutes and provides the desired results.
However, when you seek teeth whitening in Boca Raton, the dentist might recommend more visits for dramatic results.
For deep stains, your dentist might recommend dental zoom whitening. Zoom teeth whitening entails the use of peroxide bleaches and a special light. During the procedure, the dentist will apply peroxide bleaching agents and use the laser to help penetrate the enamels, eliminating all the deep stains.
Just like bleaching, you might need more dental appointments to achieve brighter teeth. The in-office treatments are fast and reliable. Therefore, you don’t have to wait for long to get white teeth. Since you want a sparkly smile before Christmas, you should consider in-office treatments.
Benefits of in-Office Teeth Whitening
If you seek to whiten your teeth before Valentine’s day, you can consider in-office treatments for the following reasons.:
- More people will be drawn to you if you have white teeth
- A white and sparkly smile boosts your self-esteem
- When your teeth are whitened, the stains will be eliminated in the right manner, promoting oral health
- In-office treatments are safe since professionals carry them out
The effects of teeth whitening can last longer, but you might require retouches every six months. With the following care tips, teeth whitening results can last longer. Some of the care tips include:
- Maintaining good oral hygiene
- Avoid consuming staining foods and drinks such as coffee, especially during the first 48 hours after whitening
- Don’t smoke or use any tobacco products
After teeth whitening, you can visit your dentist for a follow-up. In Boca Raton, you can visit our dentist at Dental TMJ Sleep Apnea for treatments. Alternatively, you can search “teeth bleaching near me.”